Course fees for 2017-18 Academic Year
What it Costs
To find out about course fees, payment dates and deposits, please click the 'Course Fees' link below:Course Fees - Click Here »
For students to be eligible for Student Loan Company funding, they must be studying a designated course. Matrix College have been designated by the Department of Education as a provider of Higher Education and so are able to offer student loans for the academic year 2017/18. Visit http://www.hefce.ac.uk/reg/desig/cdforstudents/ for more information.
Some of our students obtain career development loans. For more information please see www.gov.uk/career-development-loans/overview.
As well as the course fees you will also have additional financial commitments during the training:
- Personal counselling: Students are required to have 35 hours counselling each year of training in order to gain the BSc (Hons). Some hours gained shortly prior to the start of the course may be counted; this will be discussed at the interview. Counsellors’ fees vary. You will normally pay between £30 - £45 per session although some counsellors may offer a lower figure for students in training. You can expect to pay between £1000 - £1500 for personal counselling per year
- Supervision: When in counselling practice students need supervision at a ratio of one supervision hour to six client hours. Supervisors’ fees vary and many will negotiate a lower figure for students in training. You can expect to pay approx. £800 - £1000 per year for supervision if it is not provided by your placement
- Belonging to a professional organisation is necessary and costs approximately £70 per year. You may also need to provide your own professional indemnity insurance if the placement does not provide cover this is at a cost of approx £50 per year
- If you need to take a consolidation year to complete your training there is a fee (£500 for 2017/18)
- If you need to take a supplementary year to complete your written work and clinical hours there is a fee (£250 per term for 2017/18)
- There is a parking charge (currently £3.90 per day) at the Ipswich venue
Please note that while we make every effort to keep the fees the same each year there may be an increase from year to year.